REGIONAL YOUTH FOOTY SERIES
Project Partner: Department of Local Government, Sport & Cultural Industries
The Regional Youth Footy Series Project targets boys and girls aged 10-17 that reside within the Murchison Region and Gascoyne region of Western Australia.
The project will aim to achieve several key objectives including:
- Increase participation of youth in the physical activity
- Increased awareness of the benefits of involvement in physical activity
- Increased awareness of healthy lifestyles and subsequent benefits
- Increased school attendance and behaviours amongst participants
- Reduction in anti-social behaviour amongst participants
RISING LEADERS PROJECT
Project Partner: W.A. Department of Justice
The Rising Leaders Project utilises sports-based programs to engage at-risk youth that reside within targeted regional areas and in turn assist in the reduction of criminal incidents related to anti-social behaviour, truancy, drug and alcohol abuse.
The two year project targets youth residing in the Gascoyne, Murchison and Upper Great Southern regions of Western Australia.
FIT FOR 4
Project Partner: Sport Australia
The “Fit for 4” project aims to increase the level of physical activity amongst youth residing in targeted remote communities in WA by delivering a range of sporting activities and educational sessions that promote the benefits of staying physically active.
The project aims to achieve a broad range of outcomes including:
- Increase number of sporting activities available to target group/communities
- Promote benefits of staying physically active to targeted participants and extended family networks
- Reduce barriers to remaining physically active experienced by target group
- Increase usage of local sporting facilities
- Increase capacity of local community members to support coordination and delivery of activities